We are a Christian Counseling practice founded in 2008 and operating in Hopkinton, MA. We base our work on Biblical principles and reliable psychological research. At this point in time, we have one Licensed Mental Health Counselor taking on new clients.
His name is Dr. Vinnie Cappetta.
In addition to his work with Check Your Compass, he is also the Pastor of Family Life at Crossroads Community Church in Framingham, MA.
He and Heather have been married since 1995 and have three girls: ages 14, 9, and 5.
He is a licensed counselor in Massachusetts. He does counseling in person, on the phone, and via webcam/email/chat. His Massachusetts license number is 6355. To check this number with the State of MA, click here
Vinnie’s experience includes: teaching public & private school, home-based counseling of adults, adolescents, & children for Wayside Youth & Family, mental health counseling at UMass Marlborough Hospital Psych Unit, and development and oversight of the Department of Children and Families’ mental health programming. In addition to this, Vinnie has been counseling all ages in various church environments since 1995.
- Master of Ministry | Trinity Theological Seminary
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology | Framingham State College
- PhD in Spiritual Counseling | Trinity Theological Seminary
- “God has given you the gift of helping people and I am glad to have benefited.”
- “I can’t even thank you enough for helping us.”
- “You are very good at what you do.”
- “You make me want to be holy! Visiting with you is the highlight of my week.”
- “What you showed us about love languages really gave us something to work with in our relationship.”
- “Because of your help, I am getting closer to Jesus faster than I had hoped.”
- “Your presence is a gift to me.”
- “You are a gifted, God-centered man and counseler. May God bless all the good work you do for troubled marriages.”
- “Vinnie has been such an encouragement to me… I just wanted him to know that.”
- “Vinnie – God is so evident that I feel like I am tripping over Him…I LOVE IT!!!”
- “I thank God for everything you helped me with in my life Vinnie.”
- “Don’t ever forget, I would not have made it without your help…so thank you from the bottom of my heart…you are a blessing to so many people.”
- “It was your ministry that healed me from years of torment and abuse. I am happy with who I am now, and who I have become. I am excited to see what God is going to do with my life.”
- “Thank you for your knowlege and expertise in repairing a marriage that was in trouble…it is priceless to have an in-tact family.”
- Vinnie is a member of the American Association of Christian Counselors.
- Vinnie participates in the John 17:23 Small Group Network overseen by Dick Germaine and Barnabas Ministries Incoporated.
Have questions, or ready to get started? Drop us a line and we’ll set up a free initial consultation.